talk about cheapskates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 2, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

funny thing i saw the other day. i took my two kids to mcdonalds for breakfast. we were sitting there eating, and who walks in? one of my customers. he didnt see me. the guy asks for all kinds of stuff done, and never bats an eyelash when i give him a price. he walks in, orders a small coffee , and tells the girl to put it in a bag. he walks over to the area where they have the creamers, salt, pepper, condiments, and proceeds to fill the bag, and his pockets with as much as he can get in . he walked out of there about 20 lbs heavier than when he came in. i know this guy has plenty of money, cant imagine why he would do this

2. crazyscaper

crazyscaper LawnSite Member

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

He has to do these types of things just so he can afford your monthly bill. ;)

4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Some people feel a sense of entitlement when it comes to condiments I quess. I suppose it's kind of like taking the occational ink pen home from the office. It doesn't feel like you're stealing, but you really are. Bobby, did you happen to think that he may need all the sugar, salt and ketchup he can get his hands on to offset your bill?:D :D

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Is he related to the stamp lady?

6. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

i cant imagine why anyone would put a cup of coffee in a bag.

7. Frank2

Frank2 LawnSite Member

maybe he was loading up on some tailgating supplies for the battle of the losers today at Giants Stadium.

8. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Easy there tough guy!:D :D :D

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

And your favorite team is who??? Giants won in OT, Jets look better than they show, NE Pats (god I feel sorry for them) and Buffalo ( they haven't done squat in yearssince Kelly retired and Bruce Smith was traded)...LOL

Are there teams in NH or ME btw that I don't know of??? You are really from the NE right???

10. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds sort of like this guy I know that is loaded. He is a plant manager. This fella reuses zip lock bags. He buys burgers by the dozen when they are on sale at Hardee's. The burgers that he doesn't eat right away, he freezes them and consumes them another day. Some of the shirts he wears have holes in the sleeves and his elbows are showing. :dizzy: