Talk about no clean-ups anytime soon in Northeast...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnguyland, Mar 1, 2005.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys in the northeast, check this out:

http://www.weather.com/weather/exte...&promo=forecast

It's for Nassau county, Long Island, NY.
    I'm not exepcting to actually see plowable snow, but clean-ups look far,far, far, away. Good thing March has almost 5 fulloweeks! :sleeping: hibernation nation continues.

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

They are saying weather in Michigan is going to be pretty cold as well, and that the snow is far from over. I'd much rather make the $$ doing cleanups and spring stuff than plowing snow, but at least I'm working either way.

:D

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I know what you mean. Between yesterday and today here we received 14 inches of snow and it's still falling now and then

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawnguy- No worries, everything will get done. You make it to the Landscape Gardeners conference today? I missed it, was out all last night and today dealing with the snow.

5. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Not ready yet anyways still working on the ad blitz I hope to unleash that with in 5 days or so then I need 2 solid weeks for my self and my partner to handle the estimates What I learned from last year there is nothing then there is 60+ estimates in a week. Basically I think of gladiator with the line "on my signal unleash hell" I know once they go out vacations over no more freedom till June or July ahh well bring it on.

6. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

No worries here either, plenty of time. No, I missed NSLGA show for first time in many years, because of snow removal also. Too exhausted to drive there this afternoon. At least I signed up for the 'trade show only' because I no longer go for the credits (just take the test, it's easier) so it was 20 bones and not 60 or so.