Talk about saving time with Qxpress

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tiedeman, Mar 15, 2005.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Many of you know that I purchased Qxpress a few weeks ago. I do admit at first I really didn't like the program. Didn't seem that user friendly. But after Paul Jackson walked me through everything I completely feel in love with it.

To show you how much I love it, I decided that tonight I had better start to schedule in my spring clean ups, lawn maintenance, aerations, fertilizations, etc. Sure I already had them loaded in another program back in February that I was planning or using until I bought Qxpress. So I started off by scheduling the customers and their services in with the advantage of the multiple schedule feature (people that use it understand what I am talking about) on Qxpress.

Let's just say that it only took me 2 HOURS to schedule in everybody for the entire year, with their prices. That's right 2 HOURS! All I have to do now is upload it into Quickbooks to print or print it out through Qxpress when I have completed the services. Normally during the year (busy season) I spend 2 hours a night doing the scheduling and invoices 5 days out of the week. That is 10 hours a week. The way that I look at it, Qxpress has saved me approx 340 hours for the year by using this program.

Let me repeat myself, 340 hours!!!!

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using qXpress since the beginning of 2003 and I am still amazed of the quick and easy operation. Wait until you do the invoices, you will freak out at how quickly it is done. Iactually enjoy scheduling and invoicing now, it makes scheduling one time jobs a breeze.And the best part is it goes with quickbooks like gloves on a hand. I cannot or do not want to think about the time I used to spend doing invoices and scheduling jobs, but it has saved me a ton of time. payup payup ...And the staff there is a pleasure to deal with if you encounter any problems. :D

3. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Question ? What do you do when you have a equipment breeakdown, job delay , days of rain ? What happens to you scheduling then? I once worked for a company that had us schedule a week in advance and by Monday evening it was useless , because of changes the bigshots made during the week . Thanks

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I would just click the mouse on the not done and the program will reschedule the job the next day or it prompts to imput any day you want.
    All the things you are talking about are stuff we have to deal with all the time. We make schedules and there are always changes to be made for one thing or another.The discussion here is about the ease of qxpress program.
    The program makes contract billing a snap, and all other duties easier for me.

What would you do in the instances you mentioned in your post?

5. tiedeman

from earth

yup, pretty simple to reschedule or postpone services to another day. The program will even ask you whether you want to reschedule it if you haven't completed it

6. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Reschedule the work to next available day .

My question was answered

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Tiedeman, if you havn't already figured it out, I will show you something that will save you time at invoicing. I am assuming that Qxpress and LM invoice pretty much the same. In the sample invoice that I am showing here you can see my logo in the upper left corner. You don't have to have a logo here, but you have the option of doing that or just the name of your business and address. This is extrememly help because you can stuff these invoices in a double payne window envelope and never have to pick up a pen again. This alone will save you a couple hours, if not more at the time of invoicing.

I took it a step further and bought a perforator that I run along the top. This way the client can tear off a stub and send it pack with you, along with their check. You can see the guides I use by the little two greater-less than signs < > on the right and left edges of the page.

sample invoice(GOPHER).jpg

8. tiedeman

from earth

acutally, its funny that you said that, but I already do that with Quickbooks. I use a double paned envelope, and I have the bottom of mine perforatored as well. It took me a couple tries to the the tear stripe just right. I started doing that about 3 years ago and I love it.

9. tiedeman

from earth

hang on a sec, and I will scan my invoices to show you what I do

10. tiedeman

from earth

sorry the scan came out really bad. But this is my invoice. You can see my watermark in the background, and below is the stub that I have customers return to me

lastscan.jpg