Talked to a Stihl rep today.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qwaller, Apr 11, 2008.

1. qwaller

qwaller LawnSite Member

I went in to my local dealer and to buy my 2nd 4mix. I have a BR600 that I really like so I thought I would try a FS90 trimmer(so far so good). Anyway, I asked what was the deal with the early BRs as I learned from this forum. He said that the early units did have some issues with soft exhaust valves, but that mine being a newer model would be fine. Then for the good part, he said not to worry about it however, because even if I did have a problem in this area with the engine, Stihl would take care of it even outside the warranty period. Don't know if this would be the case, but it sounds like Stihl is manning up to the problem. Made me feel better about the company and product. Seemed to be sincere.

2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I wish my stihl dealers down here were like that. I will only buy redmax from now on.

3. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

It all depends on who your dealer's distributor is. Ours has been very helpful regarding the 4 mix blowers. As for Redmax...also a great product, but keep in mind some of the Redmax blowers you can buy for a little less money when branded as a Husqvarna. I think that is primarily cause Husky is dealer direct and for Redmax they go through distributors still.

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

After my last 4 mix I vowed to never buy stihl again.

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

The distributor is fine. It's the dealers.

6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Please go vote on my post, you want people to know, that is the best way!!:waving:

7. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks. In that case whomever gives you the best service.

8. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Some people buy Stilh blowers and fs-90's and don't check to make sure they are tuned right. I've had fs90's for some time now with no problems. I don't know, maybe I just know my machines. I think alot of people on here leave their stuff out in the rain. Water gets in the gas screwing up the carb, etc.

9. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I have been running 4-Mix units since they came out without problems.
    Actually feel pretty good about these motors since I have fourteen powering either hand trimmers or blowers.
    Stihl is all I purchase for my crews these days.

10. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer serviced mine when the valve went bad. No questions asked. Unfortunately they fixed 2 hours after I purchased a 550. (Needed something fast and couldn't wait for them to decide what to do)
    Happy with both.
    4 mix trimmer is great on gas compared to my old 85.