Talking Prices and time to get the job done

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by newbie35, Nov 1, 2007.

1. newbie35

newbie35 LawnSite Member

Guys,
    Lets get something going about what everyone is charging for various lights and decorations and how long it takes... ex I am charging about 3 bucks a foot for c-9 lights installed, take down, and storage on easy roofs(no crazy pitches). I try for about 22-30 per strand for mini's depending of the scope of the work. I am Getting 200-250 for a pre lit wreath. I know some things like trees are hard but I priced an 8 ft evergreen today at 150 I think I was a little low but it should be easy to do. I know some of you helped me out the other day with garland as I had not done any of that and I appreciate that a lot. So I have started now it's your turn...:waving:

2. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I'm at 6.50 per foot on c-9's for all roofs, 4 foot wreath is 209, 5 foot is 429, 7 foot is 599-699 depending on height.all are HBL wreaths. mini's are 25 per 100 installed. trees may be hard, but can gobble 10 strands in an hour or so.

3. newbie35

newbie35 LawnSite Member

Man that C-9 price is good. Makes me think I should raise some prices. I think we are pretty close on everything else. Where do you get your wreath's from? We get ours at christmaslightsetc. What is your average length on the C 9 install. I have some that are probably priced at 6.5 per foot but they are smaller jobs. I don't see how I could get that on a larger job. I just did my own house today with a little over 300ft of roof line and it took me and one of my guys a little over 2hrs. It was a little slow but we are just getting back into things. Maybe I am leaving too much money on the table though... I hope a few others chime in

4. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

I wish we ccould get 6.50 a foot!! We get 3.50 to 4.00 a foot, and still make decent cash. 2 hours for 300 ft on a roof insn't bad.

5. newbie35

newbie35 LawnSite Member

It was about 4.5 man hours with the two of us. I would like to get that down a little so I can do more jobs in a day. After thinking more we are getting closer to $ 4 a foot but that still in nowhere close to David.

6. E.J.

E.J. LawnSite Member

That's funny to think what the Village Lighting Co. Contractor's Pack DVD says to charge per foot of C-9 (although I don't think their pricing includes servicing)- I think it's $2.50ish

7. hotrod1965

I havn't heard good things about them....

8. E.J.

E.J. LawnSite Member

I haven't heard much at all- but I ordered the DVD to train some of my guys before I could get them anywhere and do our hands on stuff.

Actually, their minis seem pretty cool. They really do throw off a different reflection than the traditional candle-type bulbs. As far as their C-7/9 socket, the trigger clip looks very sturdy and easy to use; haven't seen or used this product though. It would be great for some actual feedback from those using.

9. AlleganyLawnCare

AlleganyLawnCare LawnSite Member

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if someone that has ordered (recently preferred) the Village Lighting Co pro training cd kit, how much it was? I am going out of the area for a little bit, and wanted a heads up before I call them. Thanks!

10. hotrod1965

So many better places to get info for free, and better products... Just read through these threads...