Talking To Yourself?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Finger, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Started the season this past Sat. I'm cutting this 2acre property and as I was starting to get tired, I started talking to myself. Pumping myself up:weightlifter:

Question how many of you guys talk to yourself while mowing? Not crazy just pondering........

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan LawnSite Member

I do. Problem is I don't listen.
    I also get the last song I heard on the radio when I got out of the truck stuck in my head. Or a song that has been stuck in my head at a job, when I go do that job again the song comes back on it's own.

3. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

I usually just think about random stuff, very rarely do I actually think about mowing the yard.

4. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

i usually sing to the song on the radio.

5. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

haha yea im usually thinkin bout what im gonna do when im done

6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Sometimes Ill tell myself jokes and start to laugh hysterically. Ill look up and people are starting at me like im the "special" kid with the mower.

7. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

INTOMOWN- Thats funny I do the same thing all the time, then catch my self, people probably think I'm a doo-da-doo. I'm pretty sure I've solved world peace or some theoretical quantum physics, just forgot them before I wrote them down when I got off the mower.

8. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I think it is the habit of those who are alone with themselves a great deal to talk to themselves.... I do occasionally, especially when planning my day, or weighing different options. I sing occasionally while mowing, luckily the Kohlers and the double blades make a lot of noise to drown me out.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Talking to myself is an understatement. Try carrying on full conversations with myself. I'll ask myself a question, then answer myself. Yeah...it's healthy...don't worry about.

10. OhioBobcat125

OhioBobcat125 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I wear an ipod all the time while working and I catch myself singing frequently...you may look a little goofy but it sure makes the time go by quicker