1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

tall fescue grass in a blue rug bed

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by anthony, Aug 7, 2002.

1. anthony

anthony Guest

is there a postemergent selective control for a fescue grass in a junaper bed?
    anthony

2. ipm

ipm LawnSite Senior Member

There was a product years ago called TFC. Lesco sold it. Iam sure there is something better now. TFC is labeled for fescue type grasses, I think. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Roundup on a wicket or a sponge does wonders. Just make sure you know how to do it.

4. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

There are several good products out there for killing grass in ornamentals. Poast and Fusilade are two products that were originally developed for the soybean market. Both work well and will not harm almost any ornamental while killing basically all grasses. Some of the tough perreniall grasses may take more than one treatment. Check with Fertilome they sell both of theses under names like Grass Killer etc. Gordons also markets one of these under their label

Doug Austreim
    Austreim Landscaping