Tall Fescue Problem Please help.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by waylonh, Oct 13, 2009.

1. waylonh

waylonh LawnSite Member

I have never applied anything to my fescue lawn, (other than starter fertilizer) and it's only 7 months old. As you can see, I still have some bare spots to fill in, and the third picture has my new sprouts that i have been filling in.

Anybody know what is up with this? I initially thought it was dormant from the summer, but it's rained a ton lately, and its 60 degrees outside. I thought this stuff would have taken off by now. Is something I can take care of? PLEASE HELP!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JoeinJasper

JoeinJasper LawnSite Member

Where are you located?
    If its 60* and rainy, I would reseed and fertilize now.

Joe

3. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

This should prove to be another funny one...............

4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

First of all, where are you located?? I see some Annual bluegrass in your lawn that appears to be the greenest thing out there. For this reason I suspect that most of the rest of what you have there is crabgrass( even though there's no close up pic.) 7 months ago was not the optimum time to seed Fescue virtually anywhere in the country. It likely didn't make it through the Summer. Depending on your location Fescue might not be the best grass for you to have as a lawn. If it is, then you need to prepare the soil and seed soon. Also, apply more starter fert at that time. If Fescue isn't, you need to consult your local extension office or a professional Lawn Care co and find out what is...