TALL fescue

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lindylawn, May 6, 2004.

1. lindylawn

lindylawn LawnSite Member

I have been getting alot of inqueries about getting rid of tall fescue. I live in Wisconsin and it seems that most of the customers have lawns that are 10-15 years old. Im thinking that when they were originaly seeded this was a common seed blend to use. I also do hydroseeding, any words of wisdom.

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Welcome to the site!

3. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Corsair.

Or, overseed with tall fescue.....

4. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Revolver, it is less expensive then corsair and does a better job. Look at the labels at www.cdms.com

corsair is a riverside and revolver is bayer

jim

5. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Revolver less expensive?? Where?

Here in GA it's $180 vs $80 for Corsair.

6. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Duh....., Someone is giving erroneous info again. Don't think they are dealing with bermuda or zoysia lawns in WI!!!!

Revolver will kill ALL cool season grasses.

The only tall fescue selective is Corsair, lindylawn. You cannot use southern grass management in northern turf. Be wary of advice from others far from your operating area.

7. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Important afterthought, lindylawn:

If you are like most hydroseeders today, and use more than 10% ryegrass in your seed blend, do not use Corsair on any of your seed jobs. Chlorsulfuron is very effective on ryegrass, even better than tall fescue. I use chlorsulfuron to clean up after hydroseeders, LOL.

8. get rich

get rich LawnSite Member

corsair is good for spot spraying with backpack on tall fescue patches in our area. It will ding the rye, but re-seeding will have to be done anyhoo if the patches are large. Definetly wouldnt blanket the lawn with corsair. Maybe you could use it in a ride on like z-spray. With that machine you could shut off a couple valves and use only one spray nozzle.( much handier than PG, the z is the best in my eyes) Works for me, Good Luck.