Tall Grass+Push Mower+Paint Spray Can=

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowranger, Apr 11, 2008.

1. mowranger

mowranger LawnSite Member
    from ms

Guys today one of my mow guys ran over a paint spray can in the tall grass, let me tell you it exploded in a ball of fire! The can still had some paint in it so it was like a rolling torch shooting fire out of it as it shot out of the push mower! Sounds funny, but I am glad nobody was hurt and it did not burn something down! My guy ran and got a door mat and put the fire out!

Just thought I would share this cause I have never seen that before.
  2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

glad noone got hurt. i ran over a piece of rebar on monday, bent the last 4 inches of the blade at a 90 degree angle. made one hell of a racket, but didn't tear up anything else luckily.
  3. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

my dad used to let us me and my buddys throw spray paint cans in the fire full ones. we built a blast sheild it was 2 parts from the side of a giant propane tank and flat steel welded to the top. thing would jump off the fire when they blew it was mad cool. we used to do all kinds of thing.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

the propelant in most areosol cans is propane that what makes them flamable.
  5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

damn, that would surely wake you up if they wernt fully aware in the first place! No pictures:confused::dancing:
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Do I have to say any more? I am sure he taught you many things and I am glad you made it to adulthood so far. Any plans to pass this fun experience on to your kids? :hammerhead:
  7. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

if i have kids maybe it was good times nobody ever got hurt we were always a safe distance away hiding behind something. but it was good times. or we would fill up ballons full of cutting torch mix wrap it in toilet paper and put it in a tube. the paper is thewick and boom. i dont recommend any one do this stuff around people. we did it at are cabin theres nobody really around.
  8. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Its MAD cool ... :(

Im getting old..
  9. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

My father actually let one of my older brothers build a forced air furnace in the back yard about 45 years ago.
    My brother used hardened materials, and old 230 volt ducted fan and had a directable flue.
    The heat generated off of that thing was tremendous.
    Fast forward 18 years and this brother is a materials management engineer and he credits the experiments conducted in that furnace as to "stoking" (sorry-couldn't resist) his interest in materials management today.
    The local fire marshal came over one time as he saw the heat mirage and was actually impressed with the construction of the furnace.
    Ah, those were the times when people were responsible for their actions, civil servants had discretion and a neighborhood is where everyone knew everyone else.
  10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Shucks, the only thing I've run over that was cool was a tennis ball.
    It shot out of the chute and hit a big rig trailer that was parked nearby.
    Now, if it had been on fire, THAT would have been cool I guess! Tony