Tallest lawn I ever saw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kelly's Landscaping, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I got to get me a way to take pictures I just went on an estimate and nearly fell over when I pulled up to my 7 pm appointment. This does not qualify as a lawn its where the lawn is suppose to be but the weeds are so bad I saw no sign of grass any where I drive a dodge ram 1500 and the lawn was over my roof by 2-3 feet in some spots. Poor old guy is 82 and the threat of the health dept has forced him to do something with the disgrace he calls a lawn. I am looking forward to Saturday when I do this job just to see the looks on my guy’s faces when I pull up hehehe. As for lawn cut no way its a brush job all the way and it looks like 20-30 yards of weeds and saplings are coming out of there and he’s only got about 6000 sq feet of lawn.

2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow sounds like one heck of a job! What are you going to use to cut? Watch out for those snakes!

3. Kelly's Landscaping

I'll use the metal saw blades on my weed wackers they sell for them. That eats through stuff like this very easily.

4. Kelly's Landscaping

No rattle snakes around here its rather safe in new england but thanks for the tip.

5. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you plan to charge him.

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, that sounds about like a Realtor job...Even at only 6000 sq ft, I'd rent a WB Bush hog for that in a heartbeat!

7. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Try to get some before and after pics and post them later for us to see. That sounds like one hell of a job.

Oh yeah, how long are you estimating you will spend on this job?

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Umm cutting, clean up and the fact my free dump site is only 2 miles away then add in spraying which we will be repeating 2 weeks later to try to kill off most of the weeds before we move on to new lawn work also once I am done with phase one we have to wait on a stump removal guy before we can start the new lawn part. I must of counted 20 large stumps in the lawn, which kind of makes using anything with wheels a nightmare. I could do the job in about 10 hours with 2 guys and me but I think I will throw my part timers a bone and bang this out a lot quicker. So it should be a nice one-day job.

9. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

How did you even know where to find the stumps?

I did one like that years ago. Some family from Saudi Arabia bought the house over the winter, but didn't move over here until August. Seeing as there aint much grass in S.A. I guess they didn't think about it. What a PITA. Good luck Saturday, I won't touch jobs like that anymore.