1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

So like after you flip the top piece up and turn it counter clock wise till it stops, it should open, but it does'nt does it? That happens alot to me I kinda gotta twist and almost pry it off mostly on the fs110.

Funny how we nit pick stuff but this stuff all adds up to lost time, stihl should be reading this lol.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
  2. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

My problem is putting the cap on, it never wants to line up to the grooves. Its not a nitpick, bro. Its a defect, it takes 30 min or more to put the damn cap on. Ridiculous how its designed. Enough said about this issue, I'll just deal with it.
  3. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

STIHL should definitely be reading this! Ya, twist till it stops, then pry off with pliers. That's after I open the trailer back up (or climb in) go thru my tool box to find my pliers (it's a big aluminum lockable box - like a truck bed tool box) & get out of the trailer. There's a few minutes each time. That all adds up. It all adds up to the point that I'm thinking of looking at another brand of blower later on & I LOVE the BR600. Same goes for my FC110 edger.:hammerhead:
  4. Bladerunner Inc

Bladerunner Inc LawnSite Member

North Dalemabry and Lutz lake fern. phone #949-1384
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  5. sweetz

OK, thanks.:drinkup:
  6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

okay guys a few have mentioned about Rudy's rentals and well I have never been there but do they rent lawn equipment? I know you can buy stihl there. I was just thinking to myself today about what a convince of having a rental place that caters to just us lawn guys would be.
  7. sweetz

I've rented quite a few things there, some personal, some for business. I've never asked while I was there, but from what I've been told they will do work on Stihl equipment as well. Warranty work & other work.
  8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

They rent and they also have parts. The bigger one is in kenneth city, but you would probably go to the one in seminole. The good part about the one in Seminole is that if you need something for the weekend and rent it on a saturday and return in mon morning you dont get charged for sunday because they are closed that day.

On the subject of rentals. Eagle rentals is just north of 580 (main st dunedin) on the frontage rd to us 19. They have a 52inch ztr to rent. They are the only ones I know of that have a rider for rent. I think its a bunton. $145 a day.
  9. sweetz

good to know, do you have the phone # in case I ever need it & about how long does it take to get there from here?
  10. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

just want to say hope everyone has a good weekend and hope all is going well.