1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure how you were really feeling before, so I don't know if that's good or bad? It is good though that it's not getting any worse. I wish the best for ya klean.:waving:

2. sweetz

Thank God I'm still doing well, even getting a few new customers (monthly maint. customers). But those are very hard sells & 95% of everyone that I talk to doesn't want anything done besides the basic maintenance. From everything that I have read & everyone that I have talked to % everything that I have seen I do believe that this economy still has a ways to go (down) before it gets any better. But (PLEASE), I could be wrong (I hope I am!).

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah it was a different year, thats for sure. Commercials saved me and I am glad I wasnt just starting this year. It will get better though, just have to wait it out.

4. sweetz

Guys, we are having a yard sale this Fri, Sat & Sun (11-28, 29, 30). It's gonna be a big yard sale. There will be furniture, electronics, tools, clothes, used 21" mowers, adults & kids bikes, books, etc. If you can, stop by & introduce yourself. I'll be wearing a bright green shirt with Kevin on it & oh ya, I'm Kevin.:laugh: It's gonna be at 6491 44th Ave N.

5. sweetz

It will get better. I've already been looking at every way I can trim my costs. I just hope it doesn't get a lot worse before it gets better. Oh well, plan for the worst & hope for the best. I kinda try to live by that. Tends to make life a lot easier.

6. lawnman_scott

Adults & kids bikes, books, ect you say? So tell us more about these adult books..........

7. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

How is everyone doing. Sorry it has been a while since I talked to you guys last. I have a guy that needs 2 yards cut in the apollo beach area. I am sure that he has bermuda(golf course grass) since he lives in a very expensive community. My question is does this type of grass need to be cut with a reel mower, or can you use a ztr mower? I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and hoilday season. Klean i hope you are feeling better.

8. Bladerunner Inc

Bladerunner Inc LawnSite Member

Hey Guys Its been awhile since I,ve had time to check in seems like everyone is glad its winter! (in this biz who wouldn't be) I look at trimming cost every were I can as well I usually buy the sthil 2-cycle in the 4 oz. bottle (2.5 Gal mix) I did the math and figured the 4 oz. bottle was costing me .52 cents per oz. If I buy the gallon jug it drops to .29 cents. So I went to Lesco bought a Tip and pour and I,m gonna start using the gallons. I usually go through 12 gallons of 2cycle gas a week in the summer that's a $11.04 a week in savings.
    How bout' those gas prices! It sure is nice to see gas under $2.00 a gallon.
    Hey everyone have a nice Thanksgiving.

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

adult books that made me laugh there:laugh:

10. lawnman_scott

You may want to look around for a place that has a case price on mixed oil. I have found out that if you buy the oil by the case that it is about the same or cheaper than if you buy the gallons.