Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm here.... I feel like I'm going CRAZY!!! My computer hard drive & back up hard drive both got fried at the same time (my back up HDD was even an external one), so I lost about 2 years of info!?!?!? I've been trying to recreate the lost data. I didn't have many hard copies of anything!!! I've learned my lesson! Online backups, hard drive backups & usb flash drive back ups. On top of this I had to keep up with my normal work, plus I had to videotape and photograph a school graduation and another event & edit the photos & videos & put them on like 25 DVD's & print about 20-30 8x10's. I haven't finished anything yet & I have to go back to work on Monday, get ahead so that I can take off Thursday & finish the videos & pics by Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that everyone had a nice Christmas.

2. Bladerunner Inc

Bladerunner Inc LawnSite Member

Happy New Year everyone! KO sorry to here about your loss I keep waiting for it to happen to me. I do copy my business files ever other month or so just in case. life is good. Christmas was good, hope everones was. I will be glad when the holidays are over and I don't have to juggle scheduling! South how u doing? with the price of gas down I hope we can all make some money this coming year! C-ya for now

3. sweetz

Well sh*t! When it rains, it pours!!! I had to mow my accounts this week. Well, I was mowing one of my commercial accounts last night & about 1/3 of the way through my mower made a loud rattling noise & just crawled to a stop. It was running just fine, it just wouldn't move! I got to push it by myself for about 50-75 feet & also push it UP into my trailer (THAT WAS FUN!!!). A spindle had gotten overheated a fell apart! Well, with this week being 1-1-09 I can't get the part until later this week. My mis size walk behind is having tranny problems, so I only have a 21" mower (a couple of them) to finish my work with. I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!! So, I'm giving all of my customers a discount & I'm waiting until next week to mow. OH WELL!!!!

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Hey kevin, sucks to hear about your computer and mower. There are a few companies in my area that took two weeks off, how long are some of your yards? I'm off of mowing next week, I can loan you my Toro Z if you need it?

I'm doing good Mike glad to hear you had a good christmas and new years. I hear ya on juggling things around, it will be good when things settle down a bit, hopefully thats next week.

I ended up getting the Wright Stander, pretty neat little machine. A lot better than using a walk behind for back yards. I got it at Al's Yard Arm, they seem to be a good dealer too.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I bought my Exmark from them. I have been happy with them, and I dont like most of the dealers around.

6. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Yeah the people there seem real knowledgeable and friendly. They weren't full of bs either and helped me get the mower I wanted when the other dealers couldn't get my small stander. I would recomend them. They carry eXmark Dixie Chopper Wright and Redmax.

7. sweetz

Where are they located? I meant to ask you on the phone earlier, but what size is your Stander?

8. South Florida Lawns

from usa

They are in Tarpon Springs off 19.

How is everyone's week going, enjoying the weather? We had a good short shower today down round St. Pete and then it cooled off some.

9. sweetz

Hey South - THANK YOU again for ALL of your help today & again tomorrow!!! Tomorrow shouldn't be as long of a day.

10. South Florida Lawns

from usa

No problem glad to help.