1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Bladerunner Inc

Bladerunner Inc LawnSite Member

Hey Kevin. I here ya. Just can't seen to catch a break. My Ford went in the shop about two weeks ago for a blown head gasket and some other small things. 10 days later I get it back, I do my Sunday route every thing is fine. My worker starts out Monday in Brandon calls me and says the truck will hardly move. I had to call the tow truck. I headed out their with the Chevy to get the trailer and him . I tried to finish the day but didn't have enough daylight. (only one left not bad). Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention my other worker was a no show Sunday! Hey no problem--12 hours and 5 commericals later-- I got it done. Now my main guy Matt is in the beginning of a split with his wife. He doesn't know how hes going to make the mortgage and is stressed out (Monday with him was a long day). I guess things could be worse so I'm O.K. There is always tomorrow:)
    Sure is nice to have friends to help you when your down. Good job South....
  2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys good to here from you.don't forget i have alot of stuff that is not being used so if i can help,im willing to!
  3. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

klean how you been. i need to call you and just touch base with you. i will try to call you tomorrow in the morning. hope all is going well.
  4. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

doing fine good to here from you amor4421
  5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

That stinks about your truck bladerunner hope everything works out. Its been slow and quiet so far this year. I'm trying to get going on some mulch jobs. I haven't been by my nursery in like 2 months, I wonder if there still in business, last time I was there they were dead. Has anyone lost any customers due the the economy? I had a guy lost his job and said he would call me when he can afford me again, I have been lucky so far.
  6. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

How's it goin' guys? Well everything is working (mowers, etc), at least so far!:clapping: It's funny, I haven't lost too much business because of the economy (I haven't really gotten any lately either), but in the last month I've lost about 3-4 accounts due to people moving (I can't blame them, if I could right now, I think I would). Oh well! So how's everybody else holding up? We don't hear much from you anymore klean, how are you, how's business?
  7. Bladerunner Inc

Bladerunner Inc LawnSite Member

Hey guys I can't believe it the damn thing broke down again! This time in south Tampa! Thank goodness for my 90 Chevy 210 thousand miles and still runs like a champ. Yes, I finally lost one to the economy had him for probably 6-7 years. 140 a month on Davis Island hated to see him go, architectural engineer. Said he lost 52% of his business. Hope he is the last one I lose, I know things are tough.
  8. sweetz

Mike - did you try to work with him at all? It may have come down to a barter system or something with him. Then again it may not have been worth it to you. I don't know. This month I'm starting a barter with a guy who owns a graphic design company. Well, guess what, he's now designing signs, etc for me. There are definitely things besides money that I need (Things that I buy with the money I make).
  9. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

Hey bruthas, sorry I haven't been online lately. Hope everyone had a nice holiday. Lovin this weather, I did a cleanout today. First big job I've had in awhile-yes the economy. I lost a few, but added 2 accounts this month. Guess I could be doin worse. The bad news is the Child support enforcement doesn't give a damn. They almost took my lawn service rig. Can you beleive that? LOL Child support laws suck in this state, my exwife even got the house and everything, she makes $30 an hour. I stil have to pay $450 a month. LOL
  10. sweetz

Glad to hear that you're still with us kevin. CS sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm on pretty much the same page with you on that one, she got everything & still does! I just got another account today myself, thank god!

We're moving March 1st. Not a big move, just about 1 block away, but we'll be getting a lot more house for less than half of what we're now paying every month.