Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

Oh I gotcha, small yard. I have a couple of those. If they call back, raise it to $75, rofl!

2. kevinlane

Tks Brutha.

3. kevinlane

How is everyone doing?

4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Doing good here. Had to cut most properties today. Even without the rain, the bahia is starting to get going.

I think I got more dirt in my eyes today than I have in the rest of the entire season. It is so dry it is crazy out there.

Also go to use the KM130 again today, it just blazes through the hedges like a hot knife through warm butter.

Everyone else is doing good?

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

We did leaf cleanups all last week. We got about 150 40 gallon bags. filled the 7x14 enclosed trailer and the truck twice.

6. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I also did leaf cleanups all of last week. I used my z and a bagger. For me, holy sh**! That's the way to go! It cuts the grass & mulches everything & vacuums the yard. I added up the weight every time I made a trip to the dump (as I just emptied the bags into the long bed of my truck) & it ended up being more than 2 tons!!! That's right, TONS! If your solo that's the easiest, fastest way, in my opinion.

7. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I am running 3n1 gator magnums. They do a great job of chopping the leaves up and I work them into the beds. No one will pay for clean ups here and most like the idea of the leaves acting as mulch and "fert".

I may end up getting the bagger for my walk-behind when I get a truck but with the Jeep I cannot carry anything other than my equipment or go empty for clean up work and use the trailer to haul.

I need to get a chute blocker but until then the gators are awesome for what I am using them for. Also didn't clump a bit this morning in the wet grass where as the high-lifts I clump in the morning dew.

8. sweetz

ya, not many will pay for cleanups here either. Most of what I did was for monthly customers as this February 10th - March 10th they paid me, but I basically did not step foot on their property due to my moving (I still have a lot to do regarding the move!), so that was a pay back to them for me getting paid but doing nothing this last month.

That bagger has paid for itself in just the last couple of weeks though.

I bought it for about $500 a couple of years ago and I was regretting the purchase, until this year as the leaves & pollen have been SO BAD!!!

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I have seen a few trucks around town lately with leaf loaders on the backs of dump trucks. I have only a hand full of yards that have big enough oaks where they actually need to be picked up and not just mulched. But this time of year those few properties don't need any type of mowing for almost the whole off season. So I do rake those maybe 4 times total for free just so it looks like I have done something.

10. sweetz

For this area, that's kind of a shock! Nice, but shocking.