Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

It all depends. You have to analyz (its spelled wrong), the situation. I only have 2 that pay per cut because its not worthit. They only want you when you are the busiest anyway. But as far as a one time cut, this week (holiday week) you can and will get more than you would have last week.

2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i sure need it.this has been a slow year for me!

3. RoofCleaningTampa

RoofCleaningTampa LawnSite Member

:waving:
    Me too !
    I live in Brandon, just east of Tampa.
    I own Apple Non Pressure Roof Cleaning Of Tampa

My Girlfriends Cousin Bill owns Cutter Power, the Dixie Chopper People in Tampa area.

I clean roofs

Roof Tampa Cleaning.jpg

roof cleaning picture.jpg

Non%20Pressure%20Roof%20Cleaning%20Truck.jpg

Attached Files:

4. kleankutslawn

hi and welcome to the site.Cutter Power is a pretty big co.

5. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

Hey gys one of my customers wants me to remove her hedges. It it about 9-10 ft long 3 1/2-4 ft tall and 2 ft deep. How should I charge? By the hour or just a flat rate? I am really stumped here. This will be the first time I have done any removal of shrubs. Thanks for the input.

6. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally I charge by the job on work like that. You need to figure out how long it will take and then add a couple of hours because you probably under-estimated and get out the chainsaw and axe.

The way I like to pull shrubs is to cut them off at the base with the chainsaw and then dig out what I can and cut out the roots with an axe. I also always add the price of renting a tiller and tilling into the job. It will help to get alot of the root material out.

Good Luck and happy bidding.

7. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

Thanks tamadrummer I will start to price the job that way.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Is the customer replanting or just covering with sod? If your covering there is no need to till. I have an old Poulan saw i use just for this job so i dont care if it gets in the dirt. I got 200.00 for a similar job with removal of most of the roots.Took just under 3 hours. :usflag::usflag::usflag:

ericg likes this.
  9. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

200.00 was about what i was coming up with. It was more like 260.00 with a 20.00 dump fee. she wants to put flower beds in the area but not right away. Also I think she wants those decorative curbs, but I don't due that. Maybe I will get to do the flower beds for her. anyways thanks for all of your help.

10. kleankutslawn