1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

South, I had a Billy Goat. I just sold it about 6 months ago. It worked well, but so does bagging. You just have to go slow with the mower, to do a great job, but the Billy Goat isn't fast either and you are stuck pushing it. Plus if you want to cut the grass you still need a separate machine & you have to go over everything again.

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Well today has been great. Called my wright dealer on the hole in my gas tank, and they have no idea when it will be in. Its been a a little over a week since I dropped it off. Then after all that the Toro threw a rod.

3. sweetz

That's not a good day at all! I'm not using my 32" T-bar this week if you need to borrow it South.

4. sweetz

Why is it taking so long with the Wright?

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

because the tanks on the 32" are extra narrow and that model is not too popular. The hole (said it was a bubble in the plastic) is at the top and they sold it to me with half a tank, when I topped it off it started leaking. I'm calling them first thing in the morning and telling them I'm picking it up and to mail me the tank when it gets in and I'll do the work myself. Oh and it only took them 2 days to get the mower in when I bought it, but now 2 weeks to find a tank, thats not right.

Kevin I just might take you up on the offer for the toro, I have a helper with me for tomorrow so if I get the stander and your 32" going I can stay on top of things. Oh and thank you for taking a look at that broken head on such a short notice, I really appreciate it!

6. sweetz

Not a problem Ryan, thanks for letting me know about it. Like I said it just needs some glue. I think the sprayer should face the bushes. I think I stuck it in towards the grass though.

7. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey South,

I have a 36" Belt that you can use as well. Let me know if you need it.

I have been fortunate not to lose anything major s far but it is only a matter of time I am sure.

8. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like my day yesterday. Backup blower stopped working, hedgers, and my little push mower (that I use for a small court yard at this church I do). Expensive day. Atleast the x is ok. Must be that time of year bro. :cry::waving:

9. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

what's up fellas? I did not have time to go thru the posts, anybody work in brandon? I am in n Tampa/ s pasco and get calls for brandon sometimes. When I tell them I don't service that area, they always ask if I know anybody who does.
    Just looking to spread the wealth, so if you work in brandon let me know so I can pass on your number. Later

10. dnc19694339

dnc19694339 LawnSite Member

I just looked on bizbuyselldotcom and there was 155 lawn / landscape business for sale in the state of florida. That is 4-10 times more than any other state. Is this because of the economy, or just because there are more lawn / landscape companies in florida than other states?