Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Probably both.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I found this the other day in an upscale neighborhood in seminole where I do 2 lawns for $100&110.

IMAGE_022.jpg

3. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

wasn't me, dats 4 sure! Sounds like the same one that took some of my accounts, lol. They quoted that same price too, hmmm.:wall

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Its one thing to be at $65 a month for a small lot that you can be in and out in 5 minutes, but when you see those flyers on doors and driveways in neighborhoods with yards that are $100 and up thats just bad.

Thats how pricing becomes so whack. You get a good neighborhood and start a good customer base, and next thing you know your losing them all because of some idiot that likes to work for nothing.

I had one customer complain when I raised her from $255 to $260 she said there was a guy passing out flyers, and said he will do it for a hundred less than me. I didn't even know what to say to that.

5. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys how are things going? its been a while,glad to see the thread still going!

6. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

so are customers dropping like flies for you guys or are things fairly steady?

Hows business compared to a year ago?

Whats your opinion of the overall picture of the lawn business in central florida?

7. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

Nobody got any money....

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I only lost one customer. I'm getting at least 3 new customers a month every month since January, so thats good. Landscaping is dead, I have only done 2 big jobs this year. Nurseries are closing down around here, and mine is a ghost town, even during lunch or when we get rain.

9. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

My customers aren't dropping like flies, but I'm not getting a bunch of new customers every month like I have in years past.

The lawn maintenance side of things will be okay, at least for now. But I think we may be in the calm before a storm (economy wise). I hope not, but I'm trying to prepare for the worst. Trying.;)

10. Sym

Sym LawnSite Member

Ive been lucky gaining.. I've picked up 10 since March 1.....the bad news...I lost 30 from Sept to Feb :(