Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I am working 6 days a week right now. I have been lucking into extra jobs every friday/saturday for the past month or more.

I spread 12 yards of river rock mulch today and a couple of hours yesterday. The HO had it delivered and got about 4 cubic feet spread and called for back up.

I got it done in 7 hours total with spraying round up in the other beds (yes I am licensed) and blowing everything down.

I will rearrange my schedule to make a lunch if it is a place I can get to.

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Hey guys, does anybody run the 6.4 powerstroke? I have the oppritunity to get a deal on an 08 F-350. I'm mainly concerned about the fuel economy towing a 16ft landscape trailer.
  3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

My wife is the director of an ambulance service here in Tampa. They have a fleet of Ford 6.4's. They have a lot of turbo and egr problems, spend more time at Bill Currie than on the road.:usflag::usflag:
    ericg likes this.
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I havent had many problems. It was a new engine in 08 though. The fuel economy isnt as great as other deisels, but it has a ton of power. I only get about 10mpg pulling about the same as you have.
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Found this in a very nice neighborhood last week.

6. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I've found that the nicer neighborhoods around here pay less? Bigger yards, more to do, but they aren't willing to pay a decent price for anything because a lot of people feel privileged to work for them so they will lower their prices.
  7. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry I haven't posted much lately guys, I've been real busy. Between work and a house that I've been remodeling. The coming weeks should be interesting, got a lot to do!
  8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I am enjoying all this rain we are having right now! My lungs can finally rest from the dust. Hopefully my newly installed Bahia lawn will actually need cutting tomorrow.
  9. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

Hey guys,

We are new and have the largest invenotry of professional landscape lighting fixtures anywhere ... and where here in Tampa. 15,000 fixtures in stock, wholesale only (99.9% is shipped nationwide so its a warehouse not a showroom) if you ever need any landscape lights please give us a call. We are close to the intersection of I-275/Bearss/Nebraska.

Ex- solid brass spotlights $39 wholesale, solid brass china hats with thick stems, sealed sockets, high end compnents $40's.

Sponsor of LawnSite landscape lighting forum and irrigation forum
  10. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

I guess having the belt drive mower in this business was a bad decision. Belts don't work so good in the rain. :laugh: