1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Hey guys how is everybody? Talk about a change in weather. Anything new going on lately? Big jobs coming up for anyone? I have the opportunity to purchase a friends company which is mostly residential and about 60 accounts. I think I may jump on it as it seems to be a good deal. Has anybody purchased accounts or bought out another company?

2. greenpoint

greenpoint LawnSite Member

I purchased 20 accounts about 3 months ago - I was a little nervous as they were all residential, and no contracts... which is fine, none of my accounts are on contract anyhow. Just makes you nervous when you're forkin' out a bunch of money. Purchase price should be 2-3 times monthly revenue. Do a great job consistently, and nobody really cares. GL with it all!

3. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

If any of you guys get a call from someone that has a property that needs lawn service in the Pasadena Yacht Club off of 22 Ave S, send me a tell or give me a call. This ex-customer ripped me off, never paid me. He ignores all my calls, e-mails and never picked up a certified letter that I sent. My guess is he will try to get another company and rip them off too. Its an empty lot, so if any of you bruthas get a lead in the yacht club, call me and I'll tell you if its this rip you off guy or not.

4. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the heads up Kevin.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

is it a double lot straight in towards the back with about 15-20 large palms on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys! good 2 see you guys are still hanging around and still in business.here alot of people saying that this was one of the worst years they have seen. keep your heads up ,wheels spinning,&and cash flowing

7. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

Definately my worst year.

8. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm sick about it too, lost 7 clients, a good chunk of change :cry: still hanging in there though!

9. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i wish i ncould still be out there.starting to really miss it!

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

So who had fun working in this nasty weather today? I decided to just keep going and we finished out our route on time, it sure was wet and cold though.