Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Green King TLC

Green King TLC LawnSite Member

I am in Tarpon Springs and I want to buy a lawn business and I have been on Craig's List and have emailed 5 different companies and no one has emailed me back. I even emailed some guys just wanting to sell equipment. Those guys call me but want to sell broken wore out stuff at new prices. Where else can I look to buy a lawn and landscape business in this area?:usflag:

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

ya same here, been really busy with all the rain. thought i was gonna get caught up today, cuz rained most of the day yesterday, and started raining around 3pm today, so about 8 accounts behind. i will take the rain though, no dust flying around, just wet 7 inches of grass.lol

3. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

Still kickin....busy as hell. Then it rains......work like a dog, come home and the baby cries all night......then it rains again. Then the exmark breaks down....then it rains again. Vicious cycle.

4. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Your Ex is belt driven right?

5. kevinlane

Yep, belts that suck water and won't move when it rains alot. :hammerhead:
    Water in the gas tank is a pain....:laugh:

6. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I can feel your pain now about the belt driven mowers. My rider is down, it needs a new deck. So, all year I have been using my belt driven w/b. I actually ended up leaving it in one of my customers back yards a week ago until it stopped raining because it wouldn't move. I was pressing so hard on the t-bar this week that the tranny pulley popped! I've only gotten Monday mornings yards done so far this week. I think I'm giving up and just starting over next week!:dizzy:

7. kevinlane

Yep I got pretty much caught up yesterday, worked from 8 to 8 pm. I have 3 this aftenoon, then my church property tomorrow. I'm friggin beat.
    I tightened my drive belt a few months ago on my exmark, it seems to help in wet conditions, but in a downpour, I jam in 5th gear to the trailer. :waving:

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Happy Labor Day weekend gents! Hope you are all kickin back and slamming cold ones. I got to spend yesterday doing a 1500sq ft sod job (1000.00 payday) that my lovely wife booked for us not realizing what weekend it was. That's ok though since she was out there sweating along with me. She is doing so well booking gigs and doing estimates I may have to hire some help.:usflag:

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Not to be a jerk, but you should stay the f out. You obviously have no clue about anything. I am hoping and guessing that you never made it in or things would be worse than they are.

10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Are you sure its in the tank? I had that problem with my toro and finally figured it is water in the float bowl. You can take a 7/16 (i think) wrench and loosen it to drain, but i fould the easier way is to start it, then turn the fuel shut off to off and you will burn whats in the bowl and line. Open the shut off and start it up again and your problem should be over. As far as the belts, just be glad its not one of those older walk behinds with the thin belt.