1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Where in Hudson I live there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Green King TLC

Green King TLC LawnSite Member

it is off US 19 just past hwy52

3. Patriot Services

I live in lakeside woodlands off fivay. I cut south of 54, seems they pay better. 75.oo a month ain't bad for that area. Nice homes just cheap people.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Green King TLC

It's a bank owned home. He called us back today and wants us tore sod it and landscape it.What do you guys charge for sod by the sq. ft.?

5. Green King TLC

We live in Tarpon Springs and work in every direction up to 35 miles out

6. Patriot Services

I charge 1.00 sq ft for sod but sod farms on ridge does it for 44cts.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Green King TLC

Thanks for the info. Just want to be sure I'm not low balling. I HATE those bastards.:usflag:

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Am I the only one who had a terrible year? Mine was horendous. Cant even begin to compare to other years. I did a few estimates in the past two weeks and did them cheap, I figure I can do them through the winter then raise them if I have to, if they get mad, so be it. Not like they wouldn't use you through the summer then cancel.

Does anyone have a plan B, something to fall back on, or another direction to go if this lawn crap gets old or just falls apart?

9. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Scott, you probably do, but you gotta realize that 80-90% of what you read on here or any other site like this is total BS (the stuff about finances, etc). Hell, I cut yards and I also live in a 2 million dollar mansion with a Porsche and a Rolls out front!

This has been an interesting year though, that's a fact!

10. Green King TLC

sorry to hear you had a bad year. take a break and start again next year. I don't lie or stretch the truth because people on here use this site as a tool to help them learn. I am one of them. I would hate to no that the info I get from here is crap.
    Posted via Mobile Device