Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Not the info that you learn from so much, but the personal info that people post about their income and how they're doing, etc. That's what I'm talking about.

2. Green King TLC

Green King TLC LawnSite Member

oh, ok yah
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Personally I have had a great year. Late start after that horrible winter we had. I did a ton of installs and sod work. I also had the help of my wife who now does most estimates and works somedays with me. I used to waste so much time on estimates. She has a higher acceptance rate than I do too. I think women customers just respond better to another woman. I feel bad for you guys that don't have a plan b. I have my military retirement check to always fall back on.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Surf-Neck

Surf-Neck LawnSite Member
    from FL

North central FL here.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

It was bad, lost a few big ones and never got alot of calls that were worthwhile. I really have been bidding low on some and will do them through the winter and then if I have to raise them, oh well. Did everyone else see this this year? Was just awful, but I am kind of getting to a point where I have had it with the industry as well. Beginning to look toward something new, so maybe that has something to do with it.

6. sweetz

I would say that has something to do with it, that was how I felt about what I was doing before I did this. It's been an interesting year to say the least, but I've adjusted some things a little with my business (I still have a good amount of more adjusting to do!) and things are looking up.

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

How long have you been in business? I have been at it since 95 and getting too damn old for this physical crap. Hopefully i can last 3 more years.

8. sweetz

I'm only towards the end of my 4th year. You've been in business about 10-11 years longer than me. I just love horticulture though, I've been through schooling for it and everything else. I planned on starting my own business about 1997-1998, but life had some other plans for me at that time. I'm in my early thirties, so I've got a few more years before I'll be ready to retire.

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Well my partner (wife) got injured a couple days ago. Stepped in a hole on cutomers property, stupid dogs dig them everywhere. Tore 3 tendons in her ankle and has to wear a boot for 3 weeks. Will probably be out until December. Thank god it's fall and grass has slowed way down. Still had a couple of projects I needed her for though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Green King TLC

Green King TLC LawnSite Member

if ya need any help let me no. your just up the road from me. Jim
    Posted via Mobile Device