Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. HappyGrassLLC

HappyGrassLLC LawnSite Member

man, I feel ya there! Leaves and acorns are already horrible!! I am not very fond of this time of year - business speaking!!

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Story of raymow on St. Pete times today. Proof that any hack can make it in this business. Just mortgage your soul and ethics.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  3. Green King TLC

Green King TLC LawnSite Member

X2 I'm with you

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, shoveled up SIX full cans of acorns yesterday. That was only 2 trees! Couldn't do anything else in the yard. Looks like Santa shizzed on everything. Lights and cords running everywhere. Owner did come out with a card with a 50 in it for us though and early payment for the month.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  5. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Man I have never seen so many damn acorns as this year, and now another freeze this week. :dizzy:

6. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i sure agree with the acorns. one of my clients backyard, i had to rake them up, as well as the leaves. last year i just blew the leaves. is mother nature trying to tell us something? gonna be a cold winter so the acorns are dropping to feed the squirrels and critters. and ya, a hard freeze watch for us monday night into tuesday , wind chill advisory for the morning....wtf? am i in southwest florida or what? :hammerhead:

its nice not being busy after a busy summer, but its getting old already, for me at least.

7. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea every year I anticipate the slow down and when it gets here I get bored real quick LOL. I have tried real hard to sell landscape , paver and irrigation for this winter and have had some luck, so that should keep me out of trouble for a while :rolleyes:

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Read the story on Raymow, I always thought they did great work oh well now valley crest just got bigger.

9. hawthornelawncare

hawthornelawncare LawnSite Member

any of you guys wanna network? im looking to network with a few fellow lawn guys. share tips and insight. Make this industry stronger togethar

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I'm down for some networking, what do ya wanna know?