Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking of him when I posted. I dunno. I have an account over by his house & I used to run into him every once in a while while I was there, but I haven't seen or heard from him in a while.:confused:

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I know he was struggling and now SP is flooded with the 45 dollar a month mow~joe gangs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. sweetz

I know he was struggling & Kevin & I work in some of the same areas, so I know about the lowballers.

4. GBSAUTO

GBSAUTO LawnSite Member

What is your average monthly prices?
    I moved from Brandon area to New Port Richey area back in 05 and I was doing $85 a month in Brandon.. Here in NPR your lucky if you can get $70 a month.. Thats including trimming hedges, weed beds etc...

I am not in the buiz anymore, but want to get back in, or work for someone..

5. GBSAUTO

GBSAUTO LawnSite Member

Wow!!! I just read every page in this thread.. But I am wandering if anyone has heard from Klean? Is he still around or did his cancer finally get to him.... My dad died of cancer in 08, my step dad is a 10yr survivor of throat cancer.. I hope Kevin is good as well..

How is everyone 2011 season going? Doing ok in the heat?
    Ive worked (not mowing) through out central Fla this summer and can say this has been by far the hottest in along time..

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

There's a reason why I may live in Hudson but work in Tampa. The price falls drastically in Pasco. Record unemployment has everybody with a push mower out there cutting grass. Up here 3 seasons is advertising ANY yard 69.99 with fert n squirt apps. TG is doing 25 dollar apps. I can't complain personally, I have stayed busy. I wouldn't want to be startup. The heat is no joke, I'm well acclimated and its still a grind right now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. sweetz

Well, ya, there are a lot of people out the doing yards for 45-50 a month. That's for the average yard. I personally have some for 60-75 though, but they're small yards. I also have some for 200, even 455, that's per month, year round. That's one reason I'm still solo, I can be picky and choose my customers, and they can be picky and choose me or not choose me.

8. GBSAUTO

GBSAUTO LawnSite Member

I was going to head towards carrollwood area, but the gas prices would kill me..

9. sweetz

That's the main reason that I work in St Pete & the surrounding areas like Gulfport, Seminole, Pasadena, Kenneth City, etc. Plus, my shop is in Bay Pines.

10. GBSAUTO

GBSAUTO LawnSite Member

Hope you guys had a good weekend.. I go job hunting tomorrow again and figure out if I want to re-start my lawn buiz or not..
    If any of you guys need a xtra hand at times, let me know..