Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Hahaha....how many yards and pools do you have??
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

192 yards, 86 pools, 74 of them we do both.:usflag:

3. Wow, that's a lot. You trying to grow more or stay where your at? What's your avg size property? Do you do full maint only?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Patriot Services

Probably going to promote, hire and start backing myself out of the field next season. My list is a real mixed bag. Most yards are less than 3k of actual turf. Nothing super high end. The one thing making it manageable is 38 are biweekly, bit of a pain in July and August. Now that things are slowing its not such a grind. Diversity was the only way I could see growing any appreciable amount.:usflag:

5. Gotchya. You must work 6 days/week during the summer not including rain delays.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Patriot Services

Its been 6 and a half since June 1st. Having the whole family involved has helped.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

It was awful actually. I miss the good old days, really starting to HATE every aspect of this business.

8. Patriot Services

Just watched a neighbor get 12 pallets of Bahia dropped in his yard. Foolish cheapskates. He took a tiller to the yard 6 months ago. Weed festooned lunar landscape. Of course the house was foreclosed on and they are renting back from the bank.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I did a bahia sod job a few years ago and they gave me a few pallets of sand and hay, calling it sod. That was it for me and bahia.

10. Patriot Services

Well he got down ONE pallet yesterday. I predict what little is viable will die on the pallets. All but my most heavily irrigated and ferted yards are now EOW. Fall pruning is almost done. Chlorine use has dropped off which means margin goes up.

Anybody see the CL ad for a LCO in Hudson looking for a female to sell accounts for 20% commission?
    Posted via Mobile Device