Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Should help the dust bowl though...rain is funny, when we need it we can't wait for it. After 2 or 3 rains, we hate it. At least I do.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

The ground sucked up every drop. I can lay in bed tonite and hear the grass grow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah guess I got lucky, barely got done before it hit in St Pete. It only lasted like 10 min, then I went off to finish up a cleanout. Humid as hell. Freightrain got cooled down abit though...:laugh:

4. Patriot Services

Day wasn't a total loss. I just closed on an investment house. My first foray back into real estate since 2006.:usflag:

5. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

Enough with the rain already, barely got done with today's properties, streets were flooded so no blower. Lightening started crackin so I bailed like a freight train coming out of hell. :dizzy: Anyone feel like you went on an expedition in the amazon this week? 50 percent chance tomorrow. What gets me is 2 of my customers actually asked why I was later than usual, :confused:even though I have explained the storm season delays to them before-geez, I actually was pretty close to doing them all on time, just later in the day. I had to go back on 2 properties to finish up some things but geez cut me some slack!:hammerhead:
    Ok there is no crying in baseball....:laugh:time for a beer and bed.:drinkup:
    WOO HOO! Peace Bruthas! Careful out there!

6. Patriot Services

We've been plugging hard after last week. Actually got ahead so we cut off at 3 today. Everybody loaded up on fert before the ban and the rain just lit the fuse. We had to double cut a couple SA lawns that were 5 days out since last cut. Crazy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Patriot Services

At least the hard rain held off until today. I have 8 calls for new service already this weekend. Monday is going to be a crapshoot at this point. Flipped and sold my investment house already. Woohoo gonna try another.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Man, that was fast. Was it a foreclosure? Did you do any work to it? I just bought my first place. Been painting it with family the last 2 weekends. Got a great deal on it, it's in great shape, and a 3.99% fixed rate...I'm very happy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Patriot Services

It was a short sale already bank approved. Paid cash, yes I had to dip into the retirement fund. Guy was a custom cabinet maker so it had a 60k kitchen alone. I paid 32k added 10k in paint, carpet, hvac and landscape. Sold for 55k to first looker. I could have sat for more money, but I wanted to see if this was the right time. House is still 20k less than neighborhood average. Congrats on your new digs. I take it SanDiego is on the back burner?:usflag:

10. Hey man, 13-K for a quick turnaround is great. I woulda done the same thing. Congrats. Thank you. Nope, San Diego is still in the plans within the next 5 years or so. Gonna either sell this place or rent it out. The mortgage payment is stupid low so I can easily make $500/mo while having someone else pay the mortgage. In 4-5 years, I should be able to sell for 40-50-K more than what I paid. It's in a very desirable location and is only 10 years old right now. Just depends when God brings me my wife. I hope she wants to move to San Diego lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device