Lawn Care Forum banner

Tampa area anyone

325K views 2K replies 94 participants last post by  Patriot Services 
#1 ·
Im in the Tampa Bay area just looking for some people to network with

#10 ·
Zephyrhills, Wesley Chapel, and Dade City here.

The past few days have been very good for me. I have picked up 8 accounts in he past 3 days.

I will be getting some commercial work from a friend that is getting out in a month or so and starting a new business.

Good Luck to everyone this season. Only 3 weeks left to weekly service.....

#16 ·
It is beginning to get heated up. I wish it would really get going but in time it will. I have been growing at a healthy rate and I feel that in a couple months I should be right where I need to be to sustain life.

I don't believe I will be able to manage the installs during our weekly season but once Nov hits I will be selling them again.

I have been building a relationship with "The Gardens" nursery on Ft. King road in Dade City. They are HUGE into woody ornamentals and have a just about everything you can imagine. They have become a major supplier to Disney and Universal in the past couple of years.

#22 ·
I'm here in South Tampa. This is my first season giving it a shot part time. Any advise would be much appreciated. What are the going rates for 50x100, I don't want to under cut anyone.
Just don't go less than $50.00 a month on mowing only. Full service prices could vary quite a bit, generally you won't undercut more than one or two before you realize it's gonna put you out of business or compromise the quality of your work. Some neighborhoods are already ruined by undercutters. I just stay out of them as far as marketing goes, but if I do bid on any of them I overprice by 15-20% and see if they go for it. Then provide quality work and wait for the referalls to come in. Again, $50.00 min. and ONLY if you have to and it's an in and out 2-3k yard. (I was assuming 50x100 was a lot dimension). Good luck man!

#23 ·
Just don't go less than $50.00 a month on mowing only. Full service prices could vary quite a bit, generally you won't undercut more than one or two before you realize it's gonna put you out of business or compromise the quality of your work. Some neighborhoods are already ruined by undercutters. I just stay out of them as far as marketing goes, but if I do bid on any of them I overprice by 15-20% and see if they go for it. Then provide quality work and wait for the referalls to come in. Again, $50.00 min. and ONLY if you have to and it's an in and out 2-3k yard. (I was assuming 50x100 was a lot dimension). Good luck man!
Thanks that helps alot.

#25 ·
I'm in Ocala area or just west of it.
In this area how many cuts per year do you figure in your contracts ?
Better yet in what months do you actually cut once'twice' weekly?
actual cuts not just a service showing IE trash, blowing, edging etc...

#26 ·
I'm in Ocala area or just west of it.
In this area how many cuts per year do you figure in your contracts ?
Better yet in what months do you actually cut once'twice' weekly?
actual cuts not just a service showing IE trash, blowing, edging etc...
I normally come every week from April 1st-October31st,bi-weekly Nov-March.really can't say how many actual cuts because in the winter months i just do edge blow like you said.hope this is helpful.If it is needed i have a uncle in your area (Marion County) which is sucessful in our industry. good luck looking forward to hearing from you.
Reggie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.