Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking at one, it's got a Briggs vtwin engine and a 54" deck. I've got tortuous right now.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

It will work for a couple seasons. The weak spot seems to be the front ends wear out quick and don't like any impacts. Engines should be fine with good oil, prefiter socks and good fuel. Riders are tough on the shoulders after a full day.

3. sweetz

I used a Toro rider for the first 4 or 5 years in business and I MUCH prefer them over walk behinds.

4. sweetz

I've been using a walk behind for the last couple of years and its killing me!

5. Patriot Services

Id rather see you on a Toro 32" ZTR. 2500 out the door with mulch kit. Better yet the Gravely entry line for about 100 more. Upside being dealer support. Brand new dealer with Stihl just opened on HWY19 in Hudson. Nice people. Those would be 5 to 6 year mowers.

6. sweetz

A Toro 42 timecutter was my first mower - they're still about $2600 and well worth it. They're good mowers.I was just thinking about the poulan because my parents were actually thinking about getting me one as a gift.

7. sweetz

I just realized that the poulan pros can only cut up to 4". That could be a deal breaker right there. Enough about this, I'll probably end up staying with the toros. I tried a new Hustler rider before - what a mistake!

8. Patriot Services

Very thoughtful parents. Ask for a HD card that you can put towards a ZTR.

9. sweetz

They're great parents!

10. Patriot Services

New mower yet?:usflag: