Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

We got a couple days of winter.... now it's summer again... :(
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Sweated all day putting up decorations. Next year hopefully our addition will be up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  3. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm gonna have a go at ours tomorrow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Cornarys Lawn Service

Cornarys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Hey guys having trouble for the Land O Lakes area. I want to charge $18-$20 based on sq feet but my pops thinks im nutts! Tells me that a lawn 8,000 should be $35. Am I right or is he? I have searched these fourms and everyone says they make between $60-$80 a month off one client.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Patriot Services

LOL is loaded with 50 dollar a MONTH for weekly mowing guys. Something about Pasco, the prices drop 50% at the county line. All those nice subs off 54 are cheapos.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  6. Patriot Services

Rain day! Florida version of a snow day. Make a bigger mess mowing today.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  7. Tisdell's Lawn Serv. LLC

Tisdell's Lawn Serv. LLC LawnSite Member

I got to ask you a question, I was wondering am I suppose to lower my prices during the winter months?, even though I may only be cutting there lawns bi weekly .....I haven't lowered my pricing,thus causing about 60% of my customers to drop the monthly fee and decided to pay per cut ....

8. Patriot Services

Nope. This is discussed up front. I don't raise their prices when they get 5 cuts a month during the summer. It is explained its based on 42 cuts per year and averaged out over 12 months. We are still getting 3 cuts in with the rain and warm weather. There always seems to be leaves or something to make it obvious we were there. Who determined your per cut price you or them dividing by 4? I would drop anybody that dictated my price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    ericg likes this.
  9. Patriot Services

Put this in writing for future clients as they get amnesia in the winter. A simple list of your policies is all that's needed. Some people will try to play you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  10. the old bait and switch....yea, those people love it when your cutting weekly in the summer and then throw the cats at you in the winter. the per cut crowd is a big loser.
    Posted via Mobile Device