Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. The-Hammer

The-Hammer LawnSite Member

I agree with Patriot. I'm not sure how you obtained your accounts but communication is key. Do what you have to do and focus on accounts that pay all year round.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

So 42 cuts a year, if you are getting $80/mo is $960/42=$22.85 per cut. Do most of you guys get $80/mo or above? or Below?

3. i don't do 42 cuts im at 38 and it has worked just fine for years.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

that sounds even better, how is $80/mo? (as an average) is that high or low in your opinion?

5. its not bad if its mow and go only and your at 38 cuts...full service and 42, fogetttaa bout it...what many fail to understand is there are a lot of cookie cutter zero lot line homes in Florida that a 2 man crew can be in and out very fast.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

14 to 18 minutes avg on a gated fiifth acre lot. We say 42 service visits vs cuts. Keeps the property tight and whining down.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

That's also at a 100 a month. Throw in some hedges and other prunables your at 130.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Verticutting

Verticutting LawnSite Member

Why is a power rake a waste of time?

The best lawn grasses are those that constantly reproduce new plants to renew the lawn.

The goal is to reduce the number of stolons on leaf blades that grow laterally, says Ron Wright, certified superintendent at The Country Club of Mobile (Ala.)."Every time a plant grows new shoots, it takes energy," Wright says. "If you cut off some of the lateral plant growth, it forces the plant to use that energy elsewhere. The plant will use the excess energy to grow upward, creating a more upright and dense stand of turf." There are myriad benefits to verticutting, which has also fueled its popularity. Jeff Buchko, a product manager for Jacobsen, says more university researchers have concluded that verticutting is a cultural practice that's critical to turf care. Turf that is verticut can withstand the threat of disease and harsh weather better. Simply put, verticutting stimulates growth.Not only does verticutting remove thatch, which is a breeding ground for turf disease, but it also provides channels to allow moisture and oxygen to get into the rootzone, says Tony F. while

Please see complete blog: www.verticutting.blogspot.com

9. the3ps

the3ps LawnSite Silver Member

looking to relocate to Fl, Is it over saturated with LCO's ?

10. the3ps

the3ps LawnSite Silver Member

I'd love that in Dec.