1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

How is everybody doing this season. I got no complaints. Two crews (my nephews) running mowing. I'm doing all the pools and estimating. Doing a lot of repairs for friends and their gear. Wife is doing something a little different. My son is itching to get out with his cousins and mow. Being Autistic I keep him with me for safety. Right where we are where we want to be. No drama, no pressure. Hope you are all well and where you want to be or at least on your way.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I can't complain. I've been steadily gaining clients with no advertising. I have seven regular clients. I would have more but I dropped a few low bid/low quality and late payer clients. All in all steady growth though. I'm thinking I should be able to finish out the year with about twelve good clients. Id really like to pick up some high end homes in Fishhawk.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Patriot Services

Yea you have FishHawk and I have WestChase. The poormans millionaire clubs. You think easy full service 200 plus and they hit you with the last guy wanted 60 and did the bushes. Some of the highends ain't so high but they will pay TruBrown to make sure they do plenty of things you will get blamed for. They smoked a lawn and said my mowers ran too hot and burned their yard. Shoot me a PM with your contact info. I occaisonally get people that don't read the ads or website that I don't do Brandon and south. That way I don't have to send them away empty handed.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  4. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've gotten that many times, on high-end homes, too. It's frustrating, as these guys just don't understand how to make a decent living, in this business. They're just driving down the rates and starving themselves.
  5. Patriot Services

Wettest week ever. Start the day in humidity move on to profuse sweating and finish with daily rainstorm. Plus a couple of pressure wash jobs this week. How is everybody else making out this summer? Good for all I hope. Doesn't seem to be a shortage of work. Not all great work for wonderful clients but work nonetheless.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

So far this year has been the best year I have had in a long time. :cool2:
  7. prolawn2014

prolawn2014 LawnSite Member

I'm In the Spring Hill area as well. RF ProLawn. just opened in May with 45 accounts.
  8. End of June started the nasty weather here(heat/humidity). Rain has been in abundance this year which is good. This past Tuesday was the worst day of summer so far. I always say there are 4-5 days each summer that really test you, and this was one of them.

This year has been great. Lots of new business coming in. Angies List has been a big reason for that. At first I was skeptical, but it's paying off. The jobs I land from there are high profit margin and nice size jobs.
  9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I got so much work going on these days, I've been passing it all onto close friends that network. I could easily fill 7 days with just maintenance and mowing.
  10. The-Hammer

The-Hammer LawnSite Member

I've been very busy and steady gaining clients. This is a challenging time for everyone with the rain. These are the days we earn it and crank it out! Best of luck everybody!
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014