Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. crbrock

crbrock LawnSite Member

I am south of Gandy. Thanks

2. Absolute Lawn

Absolute Lawn LawnSite Member

Just don't go less than $50.00 a month on mowing only. Full service prices could vary quite a bit, generally you won't undercut more than one or two before you realize it's gonna put you out of business or compromise the quality of your work. Some neighborhoods are already ruined by undercutters. I just stay out of them as far as marketing goes, but if I do bid on any of them I overprice by 15-20% and see if they go for it. Then provide quality work and wait for the referalls to come in. Again, $50.00 min. and ONLY if you have to and it's an in and out 2-3k yard. (I was assuming 50x100 was a lot dimension). Good luck man!

3. crbrock

crbrock LawnSite Member

Thanks that helps alot.

4. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that price for bi-weekly service?

5. woodbutcher44

woodbutcher44 LawnSite Member

I'm in Ocala area or just west of it.
    In this area how many cuts per year do you figure in your contracts ?
    Better yet in what months do you actually cut once'twice' weekly?
    actual cuts not just a service showing IE trash, blowing, edging etc...

6. kleankutslawn

I normally come every week from April 1st-October31st,bi-weekly Nov-March.really can't say how many actual cuts because in the winter months i just do edge blow like you said.hope this is helpful.If it is needed i have a uncle in your area (Marion County) which is sucessful in our industry. good luck looking forward to hearing from you.
    Reggie

7. woodbutcher44

woodbutcher44 LawnSite Member

thanks Reggie that helps . I'm having a hard go of it. I'm a tree guy that was forced to change to a different line of work .
    I was a climber but due to nerve damage my feet are numb so climbing isn't't possible any more.

8. kleankutslawn

that area is very good.you should do well there.let me know if i can be any help.

9. kleankutslawn

how has it been going for you?

10. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

Hi guys i'm here in riverview. I just started my biz less than one year ago. not to many clients yet but starting to pick up.