Tampa area anyone

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kleankutslawn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I haven't decided if I want to be big or not (have crews working for me), but I do know what type of yards that I want to do. Now, that too could change. But for now I know what is profitable for me & my current equipment. So at least I've got that part figured out.....for now. :rolleyes:

2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i started out bigger than normal because i got in good with some big shots{i guy own about 20 small apt.complexes&100 homes}so that gave me a little jump start,but as the real estate market changed,he sold most of his properties

3. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

Well right now I haven't been advertising to real estate offices (I think that I need to start) but I've gotten a few houses for sale to take care of (because of word of mouth & one realtor just saw my work and actually followed me while I was driving & approached me - which was nice). So, most of the houses that are for sale turn into rentals because they won't sell in this market & when this happens they usually (90% - 95% of the time) want me to keep performing my services on the account - they just include my bill in the rent. That works! I also started out pretty fast because of family & friends, but not nearly as fast as you say that you did!

4. kleankutslawn

like they say the horse that starts out fast doesn't always win the race!

5. kleankutslawn

how much rain did you guys get today?i didn't get one drop at my house!

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

We got some in largo, not much at all. We got rained on in seminole a few times this afternoon. Nothing to speak of until a small but heavy shower around 5.

7. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

Not much in St Pete, I went out and knocked out a few lawns this afternoon, mostly just windy.

8. amor4421

amor4421 LawnSite Member

real windy this afternoon. i finally got my wife to say you were right. she hated to say that to me. i told her that the tropical storm was coming no where near us. so after 3 days of telling her that she finally believed me. i had the biggest smile on my face.

9. kleankutslawn

i finally prepared for a storm{water,generator,flash lights}and nothing!

10. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Wow guys I'm still here and I didn't even get you use my life raft. I was bummed when I woke up and there was nothing at all. Those news people sure got my hopes up and then let me down.