1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tampa Area

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by True Harbor, Apr 1, 2006.

1. True Harbor

True Harbor LawnSite Member

Hi I was just wondering if theres anyone in the Tampa with experience thats willing to help me on out on a bid for a commercial property. I'd be willing to pay for your time. Thanks
  2. True Harbor

$100 the estimate should only take you bout 15 minutes. Thanks
  3. FSully

FSully LawnSite Member

check you pm
  4. True Harbor

Anyone in the area? I need help ASAP. I have an idea about a good price but I'd really like an experienced pro. Thanks
  5. coddoscon

coddoscon LawnSite Member

As a former Accountant and without trying to offend you, I think you are looking at bidding from the wrong perspective. You should first figure how much it costs to run your equipment including depreciation, as well as cost of any help you need. This would also include the cost of your time. Then figure the profit you want to make and submit your bid. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing, otherwise you will either be disappointed with the results or in a position that when your equipment wears out you can't replace it.

Like I said, I don't want to offend, or sound preachy, just give you the benefit of my professional experience.
  6. True Harbor

I understand I just bought my first ztr a gravely 34z and am trying to figure out a lot of things as far as costs. I'm also wondering if theres a way to file your quarterly taxes online to make it easier since you were in accounting maybe you would know. Trying to get quickbooks set up properly as well. I have a business checking account but bought a lot of my equip out of my personal account before I had the business so hopefully that doesn't mess things up to bad with taxes etc. There was another thread where I posted some pics of the property and had people give me an approx price on what they could see.