tanaka 2 cycle ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Jun 16, 2004.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I was told by a local dealer that Tanaka trimmers and hedgers are a step above redmax. Yes he salls redmax also, they are really light ,look nice any opinions?

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't bank on that statement. I used some of their stuff years ago. Didn't impress me at all. Parts are pricey and sometimes difficult to accquire as well.

3. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a couple of tanaka 2501 trimmers and like them very much. Loads of power and super, super lightweight. I've got both Redmax and Tanka and I've got to give the nod to Tanka(MHO)............Lynn

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned 2 Tanaka string trimmers. They are nothing special. First machine had the splines on the solid drive shaft strip, Then the bearings went on the drive head on the second one. The first trimmer is now wornout and the second one is getting close. If you get 2 years out of them you will be lucky. I have 3 of the tanaka hedge trimmers and I used to like them until they put the purefire engines on them.

5. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never used Tanaka, but I do know that the new Red Max BCZ2600S trimmer that I bought is a fantastic machine. It has a lot of power and torque. Get a Red Max!!!!!!!!!!!:D

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry Lynn, I have both tanaka and redmax and truely believe that redmax is far superior although a little heavier. Both are a step above echo.