Tanaka Adds New Master Distributor on the East Coast

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tanaka, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Tanaka has added RBI Corp, based out of Ashland, Va, to sell Tanaka to dealers in VA, WVA, NC, MD, and DE. RBI has 14 outside sales reps and also carry Dixon and Yazoo/Kees.

More info at www.rbicorp.com

-MW

2. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Mark, Not to sound like a smarta$$ but I don't use tanaka products because dealers are far and few between. The closest one is in Alburtis(30 minutes) away. I have never touched one of your products becuse of this and I'm not bashing Tanakas. I read alot of good things about them. Hopefully this didn't come out wrong. Matt

3. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Don't feel bad....their are no dealers in our neck of the woods either.....

There were a couple a few years back but they all disappeared.....

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

But HEY, you can buy them online.. what do you need an actual dealer close by for?

5. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Who is your dealer? I will find out why they do not carry Tanaka.

-MW

6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer local dealer parts and service support. I can't wait several days for parts and I don't want to be put at the back of the line for service for buying on-line.

My dealer treats me very well and I buy all of my equipment from him. He keeps me going no matter what it takes...that's what it's all about!

7. mmacsek

I use 2 different dealers for mowers and 2 cycle stuff. The mower dealer sells Echo and the other dealer sells Echo and Stihl. PM me and I will give names and numbers. The closest dealer is Canns Bilco in Alburtis. Nice guys but to far. Thanks for the reply. Matt

8. mmacsek

Parts and service. Everything mechanical will break eventually. Matt

9. awdriven

awdriven LawnSite Member

Canns was an excellent outfit when I lived near there. They are also a distributor for Tanaka. If you call, they will probably be able to tell you someone nearby who they distribute to.

Now I live in central nj and Canns is still the distributor for my local dealer ;) My dealer thought it was funny that I knew who they were.