1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tanaka Backpack Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scraper, Sep 13, 2000.

1. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking at getting a new backpack blower and I've seen much about the Red Max stated in here, but not too much on the Tanaka. I currently run all Tanaka handheld products (i.e. trimmer, handheld blower, hedge trimmers). Was just wondering if any of you use the Tanaka backpack and what you think of it. With all the talk about RedMax I'm tempted, but I do like what I've gotten from Tanaka in the past and it's nice to have pretty much all the same equipment to work on. Not to mention I have a Tanaka dealer within a mile from my house.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Very reliable. (my experience)
    Quite pricey. (from my dealer)

Not very powerful.

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

sthil br400 the king of the blow!!!!!!!!!!whatch out for you shirt tale.
  4. Scraper

Thanks for the quick response guys....

Lazer: Which model doesn't have much power? The TBL-505 is spec'd with a 218 mph air velocity. I was hoping that'd be enough. The others seem close. Which do you have? I do like the reliable part and is usually more important than small differences.
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I found that Tanaka was hard to get parts for when I had a Trimmer with the BRAIN. It was heavy too, is the Back Pack Blower heavy?
  6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

If you have a Redmax dealer close by, try an eb6200 or the new eb7000. If not, then stick with your Tanaka dealer.
  7. Lazer

Those MPH figures are misleading as a political ad.

Some measure it at the nozzle, some at the housing, some at the elbow. Plus you factor that in with CFM and tube diameter and I've seen those ALL over the place.

I, like yourself, used to run ALL Tanaka products: Trimmers, Hedge clippers, TLE550 Edger (Still have 2 of those!) and back-pack blowers.

I haven't even used the TBL-505, but historically Tanaka has been more reliable but less powerful than their competitors.

8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We got a Echo PB60 at ALMAI 200mph for $375 I belive its like 50plus cc very powerful
  9. Scraper

Thanks Lazer
  10. Lazer

PB60: 58cc