Tanaka Blower is best keep secert?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carl White, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Carl White

Carl White LawnSite Member

Hey just wondering if I am the last one on earth to know the secert or the first? I just bought a Tanaka TBL-7600R back pack blower for my crew as my Stihl crapped out. WOW what a unit great power and lite weight!! my giuys are fighting over it. Plus I only spent $399 for the unit !!!! bought it online (my first purchase) and wow was in my hands in 3 days !!!!!

So am i the last one to know the power of the blower and internet?

Happy holidays to all
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't that about the price for a Stihl BR420? Why did you move away from Stihl, it is lightweight.
  3. Carl White

The Stihl was only 2 years old and the motor had bad viberation and the guys said it was down on power. When I found the BR420 didnt make any changes to it I asked about a larger unit and found Tanaka 59cc and 800 cfm of power. It smoked the Sthil (Sorry Stihl)
  4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

800 cfm is pretty good. there are blowers that are a bit more powerfull, but for everyday use, that should be an exellent blower. not to meniton that it is cheaper than those by over $200.
  5. Carl White

Yea your right we looked at some of those 80 plus cc units but need 2 guys to us them.
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I like the redmax 7001 it's a good in between blower. It's got the big boy power, yet it's still manageable.
  7. Carl White

My dealer said they where stopping productin on that unit and tried to sell me the 8000 which is a boat anchor
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You should have gone over to the Stihl dealer where you bought your first one. The BR 600 blows 1012 CFM at the housing as opposed to the Tanaka's 800 CFM at the housing. The street price on the Stihl is only $59 to $79 more. The Stihl is also only 1/2 pound heavier. Stihl has dealers all over the place who can provide warranty service.

I have no doubt that you will be very happy with your purchase but next time look around. Who knows, they may still be making that EB7001 that your dealer didn't want to sell you (for whatever reason).
  9. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious, did you pull out the spark arrestor screen on the Stihl? I had the same symptoms once on another brand blower and had forgotten to remove it. I pulled it out and it ran like a champ.
  10. Carl White

Yes the dealer had it 5 times in the shop. Plus my guys looked at it. Never go back to stihl promise you that