Tanaka Edger Plus Package

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tanaka, Jul 25, 2005.

?

Which Tanaka Edger PLUS package are you interested in?

1. Edger, THT-210S HT, TBL-7600 Blower, TBC-2500 (24cc) trimmer, TPH-210S HT attachment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Edger, THT-210S HT, TBL-7600 Blower, TBC-2500 (24cc) trimmer, Tanaka stick edger

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Tanaka walk-behind edger plus four more of my choice

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  4. Would not purchase the edger plus package

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Are you interested in purchasing the Tanaka edger PLUS four other Tanaka products to receive a discount? Please answer the poll question.

-MW

2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

It would have to be a pretty steep discount to buy a walkbehind edger and four other pieces of equipment. Something like 25%. Why not try $50- $100 off a trimmer, blower, or hedge trimmer with purchase of walk behind edger?

3. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

I agree, what would the pricing look like. A package deal is only as good as the value it presents :)

4. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is:

How many 'scapers out there are in the market for a new walk-behind edger next year (that have not used the Tanaka edger before)?

-MW

5. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I definately would/ will be/ am intrested. I have heard great reviews on your older model edger, if the quality is equal to or greater on the new ones I'll most likely buy one. The package is such an investment for a small operation like mine, I couldn't do it. I could always use another blower or trimmer, but I have a hedge trimmer, extended hedge trimmer, and edger, and couldn't afford/ justify having extras lieing around. If it was an offer I couldn't refuse, maybe I'd have a different response. A package deal with something like $50 off one tool w/ edger purchase, $125 off two tools w/ edger, $200 off 3 w/ edger, free line trimmer w/ purchase of 4 tools w/ edger. I think something comparable to this would intrest me.

6. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

What is a better deal to you: Dollars off or FREE oil?

7. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

To me i would buy if i would get $$$ off, i can buy the oil relativialy cheap.

8. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Thanks. BTW - How is your ECHO tiller holding up?

-MW

9. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

that thing runs like a charm, it retailed for #340.00, but the hardware store was closeing them out for the year and i picked it up on clearence for $250.00, before i bought it i did my research and found out the Mantis tillers have ECHO engines so i figured id buy the echo and have it right then rather than wait for a MANTIS and pay more