1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tanaka Equipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4curbappeal, Jan 7, 2008.

1. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking about purchasing a couple of Tanaka trimmers and possibly a BP Blower. Anyone have any comments good or bad? Thanks!
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Tanaka makes good equipment. As long as the dealer is good, I say go for it.
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I'd love to try their stuff but we just don't have a "well established" dealer here.
  4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, just make sure you have a dealer in your area !!
  5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I swithced last year to Tanaka for trimmers and they are awesome I have several TBC2501 they are awesome the head never jams like Echo did I just wish that they had the 2 year warranty when I bought
  6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I have been running Tanaka trimmers for the last couple of years without a problem, they start up easier than just about anything else I have even on very cold day's and they have more than enough power for just about anything you want to trim. I bought mine from www.alamia.com since there is no dealer in this area anymore for Tanaka but my dealer used to sell them years ago but has since switched to Echo and Stihl but said they still service Tanaka. Tanaka was the first company to develop a 2 cycle engine that was CARB compliant 50:1 and let me tell you, they did it right! I have lots of other 2 cycle equipment and the Tanaka engine starts much easier than anything else I own.
  7. jgunselman

jgunselman LawnSite Member

Tanaka is a great brand. Strong and lightweight.

8. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I run a TBC-260SF and thus far it has been flawless. Compared to my ECHO srm-260t it's about equal in power. Very comfortable to use even at high rpm's. They've got big, see-through, gas tanks w/ large filling caps so it isn't a PITA to fill up. I'd buy Tanaka if I had to buy another. Can't speak for anything except for the trimmers.
  9. BladeGunner

BladeGunner LawnSite Member

I had a brand new Tanaka TBC-255PF that I bought after one of my other trimmers got stolen,and the first day I used it the gas cap was missing a piece so it leaked gas,,,,and for some reason it didn't edge a straight line very good and it always let out too much smoke.....complete waste of money.overrated.I never will buy any of their products again.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

I have one on there top handle chain saws the thing can sit for 6 months 3 pulls and it's off and running sadly there no decent dealers around me anymore for them or I would of bought my last trimmer from them
    Posted via Mobile Device