Tanaka Hedge Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trimmer, Apr 4, 2002.

1. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to buy a new set of hedge trimmers, I was currently running Sthil's homeowner line of hedge trimmers. My dealer here in town sells Tanaka and I was wondering how well they cut and performed. Add anything else you know about Tanaka too because it is a new brand for me. Thank You.

2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I have their trimmers. One year old with no complaints so far. Start easy and cuts well. Seems balanced decent to me. I have the adjustable handle and haven't turned them once yet. That was their big selling point and I never use it. You are constantly moving and turning when you trim anyways and it just doesn't offer any benefit personally.

3. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Tanaka hedge trimmers are better balanced than the homeowner and commercial stihls. They are more powerful. I know a guy that bought 3 trimmers, a stihl a tanaka and a single sided stihl. He loves the tanaka the most and it is 7 yrs old. cost about $320 new here great machine i liked using it.

4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a Tanaka hedge trimmer 3 years ago. I love it. It's extremely well balanced and powerful. Hey, guess what? Just like everything else they make.....

5. totallpm

totallpm LawnSite Member
    from Utah

If you look hard enough in Salt Lake you might find the Tanaka one of my guys left at a job site. If you find it you can have it.

The Tanaka was my favorate and was very powerfull. We have lost our local dealer and purchased a Windmill. It is so smooth and powerful.

Also Ebay hase sweey deals on new Red Max

Kevin Total Landscaping