Tanaka long reach trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowing Freak, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

Was wondering if anybody has used the long reach trimmer the tb-260pfl yet and what are your thoughts. I just recently found out that Tanaka has this trimmer (don't yet have a dealer in my area) and would like to have one but didn't know if the long shaft is all that great. I am 6' 3" and have to bend to use the others. Let me know if they are worth pursuing.

2. johnwon

johnwon LawnSite Senior Member

Hi; I have one and do like it. I use it on a steep bank for a church and it does help a good bit. This is not an easy job anyway you look at it. I wish it had more power....but I'm use to using a 50+ cc engine brush cutter on jobs like this and now feel lacking. I don't think it will replace the ultra light trimmers out there for the normal trimming done at all of your accounts. But it is a good tool for the long hard jobs.

3. Jhawk

Jhawk LawnSite Member
    from KS

4. Mowing Freak

from S.E. Ks

Yes, thats where I found out about the trimmer but didn't know if the write up would be biased or not. Don't see them printing something bad about one of their sponsors. Figured here I would get more input from users not getting to use the thing for free then writing about it, thats all. I thought would be less biased opinions too!

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Yah, I think I have yet to see a bad review in that mag. The writers might point out a couple of small things but I have never seen a review that just completely rips on something. Either they never test anything bad or like you said they only test sponsors equipment and only allow good reviews...LOL

But anyway, Tanaka is good stuff. Not sure if the trimmer would help you out or not. I assume it would with your height but I would recommend going and finding one first to at least pick up and see what you think.

6. Mowing Freak

from S.E. Ks

I talked with a sales rep and he was going to try to set up a dealer close to me and bring a demo model. I am aslo interested in the bigger blower tanaka says they are coming out with soon too!