Tanaka man i have a question

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I am looking at getting a TBC-230SF. I notice it is rated at 1.1 hp. I have a stihl FC75 edger which is rated at 1.27 and the engine is 25.4cc. This edger in my oppinion is way under powered. If we have to edge something thats a little over grown over the sidewalk I have to work it back and forth because it bogs down.

In other words is the TBC-230SF going to be the same or even worse with the edger attachment considering its rated at less power than Stihls lowest model edger?

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    I would recommend the TBC-260SF with the TSF-PE edger attachment or TPE-260PF (dedicated unit)

-MW (Tanaka Man)

3. ProStreetCamaro

We are looking for a multi attachment unit because we are going to also get the articulating trimmer attachment for those high hard to reach shrubs. For some reason we have run across alot of those situations this year so far. Thanks for your feedback.

Also I found the TBC-260SF for $300 brand new. Does that sound like a good deal? The hedge trimmer attachment is $200 from the same company.

4. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    Yes, that sounds like a great deal.

-MW

5. ProStreetCamaro

One last question. I see a TBC-250SF on ebay but I cant find that model on the tanaka website? Is it an older model or something? Did it or does it have any known issues that the TBC-260SF doesnt have?

6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Just an older model. The 260 might be slightly more powerful. I forget. I think the 260 has a larger clear fuel tank as a main difference.

7. ProStreetCamaro

Yeah I figured that out after some research. I dont like the colored tank and no tank guard/stand so I went ahead and got a PAS265 for $280.