Tanaka PF 330 (SWEET LITTLE MOTOR!)

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Bob-aloo, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Bob-aloo

Bob-aloo LawnSite Member

Yesterday, I installed my Tanaka PureFire (PF 330) on my new TREK comfort bike (21 speed).
    I bought the whole motor set up from Golden Eagle Bike Engines on the internet. They are in E. Lansing Michigan.
    Wow! This is a very good set up. I'm very happy with the engine and the golden eagle system (they recommended and sold this motor to me).

Are there any things I can do to improve the performance of the motor.
    I saw the High Performance carburator and muffler kit that Tanaka sells for this motor. But, the people at Golden Eagle told me not to put this kit on until I had at least 2-3 thousand miles on the engine.

When I asked why wait so long, they said that if I don't wait until the motor is well "broken in", I will have to frequently adjust the jets on the after-market high performance carb.
    They said if I wait, as per their recommendation, until the motor is properly broken in, then I will probably not have to adjust the carb. very often.

So, are there things I can do to get higher perfomance? I love this little motor! Thanks.

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Thanks for the inquiry and interest in the Tanaka engine! We have heard a lot of very good things from Golden Eagle bike engine customers. They seem to have assembled a very reliable and functional offering and we’re proud to be part of it with our engine.

As you may know, we supplied a great deal of engines to a scooter manufacturer in recent years, (Bladez Co. out of Southern California). Although the relationship is over, there was a tremendous amount of r&d that went into the performance aspect of the engines – including the 33cc that you have. However, when Tanaka was acquired by Hitachi in May of 2007, the involvement in all of those products ceased. There is a reliable re-seller of the performance parts:

San Diego Mini Motorsports

Mr. Jim Bonnardel

858/569-6229

He offers HP carbs, air cleaner components and maybe some other things that may be of interest to you.

Hope this helps and thanks again for your business!

-MW

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

do you have pictures from set up:drinkup: