Tanaka synthetic oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimmy348, May 28, 2003.

1. Jimmy348

Jimmy348 LawnSite Member

I have several different brands of two stroke machines. At least two of them have different oil/gas mixture ratios. Dealer tells me that the sythetic oil Tanaka is the solution. Mix with one gallon of gas per application and all machines can use the same fuel. Is this true and will any other damage result? I have had guys who use echo's tell me that they will use stihl 2 stroke oil with them and all of thier other 2 strokes. What is the main difference and what could possibly go wrong?

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the "one mix" stuff made by? But, it runs great and doesen't make any problems so far. :rolleyes:

I got a 6 pack that is 2 gallons each from the ALAIMA store.

It starts and runs great EVERYTIME.

3. Hud

Hud LawnSite Member

My two cycle equipment consists of 6 pieces of Echo (hedge clipper, power edger, small weed trimmer, large weed trimmer, shred-n-vac, power blower); all original equipment purchased in January, 1995. And a Stihl 025, purchased I think about 3 or 4 years ago.

I've used the Tanaka oil from day one in all of them; one ounce to one gallon of gas. This is the 9th year I've been using it, and I've never had a problem with it: no smoke, never had to remove a clogged spark arrestor screen, never had to scrape carbon out of an exhaust port or muffler. It comes in a bottle that makes it easy to precisely measure. It's been an excellent product for me.

Also, it was my dealer who recommended it to me.

4. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

opti-2 is the same type product, been using it for 3 years no engine problems to date. i also believe its cleaner burning, i've had less fouled plugs. do a search on opti-2, i have heard nothing but positive comments about it. good stuff and less trouble. at one time i think they would even double manufactures warranty.

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just figured out it's called

ALCO'S - No smoke two stroke.

6. Jimmy348

Jimmy348 LawnSite Member

7. Gofnat7

Gofnat7 LawnSite Member

Hello, hope all is well. Are you still using Tanaka oil for your equipment and are they still running fine? I have a FS 90R and a Hitachi blower and I was thinking about switching from the Stihl HP Ultra to the Tanaka Oil. Is Tanaka Oil fully synthetic? Thank you.

8. HeadScratcher

HeadScratcher LawnSite Senior Member

You replied to a 13 year old thread.