1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tanaka THB2510

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Jaeger, May 19, 2006.

1. Jaeger

Jaeger LawnSite Member

Hi Everyone

I just purchased the Tanaka THB 2510 hend held blower.
    Very light although also very candy-ass construction. Seems as if you put wip cream on top of it,it could double as a dessert dish. Orangey, chinzty plastic with a creamstik gas tank.

My Stihl BG85 on the other hand is very well constructed and tuetonic in design. Very nice machine.

Any thoughts
    Take Care
    Jaeger:confused: :)
  2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

First, please define "tuetonic" as dictionary.com does not have a listing for it.

I dont know much about that particular Stihl model. They do make good stuff. The one thing I do not like about some of the blower models I have seen is the molded fuel line that you have to get at Stihl as opposed to just using off the shelf line.

The weight I think is the main thing they were going for...its very difficult to have heavyduty and lightweight in the same thing. I have quite a few Tanaka blowers out there with commercial customers. The only thing I am unhappy with is the fitment of the blower tubes after quite a bit of use. Other than that, most of the injuries they have had, would have happened to any other blower on the market...setting plastic on exhausts of mowers or letting a mower roll into the blower on the trailer or whatever.
  3. Jaeger

Jaeger LawnSite Member

Hi Pugs

Sorry about the spelling. German like quality of the Stihl is what I meant.
    In using the Tanaka for a while now since I wrote original note, I have come to like the machine alot.
    I have Echo, Redmax, John Deere 4 cycle and Stihl.
    They all have their good points. None are junk. All high quality.

I am trying to get this Italian brand (Cifarelli) back pack, which is like some astonishing 280+MPH at pipe with a 5 horse engine.
    Sounds like a Maserati for your back.
    Wish Honda made a backpack. Way Cool!

Take Care
  4. horsequick

horsequick LawnSite Member

You should've gotten the Tanaka 7800R. It's one awesome blower.