Tanaka Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Captain, Oct 10, 2003.

1. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone out there had any experience with the Tanaka brand equipment. I've see several hedge trimmers for sale at what seems like a low price. Are they good or junk?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

never seen them or heard about them

3. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

I have a trimmer thats been sitting around forever. the hedge trimmers are kind of heavy, hard starting. Now the weed wacker trimmers are very good. You might have problems getting parts. there are not that many dealers around atleast around here.

4. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a tanaka hedge trimmer and a trimmer, the big 340 to be exact. The trimmer is a monster! Slices anything. Have not put it through a real test yet-I'll know after the first of the week.

My hedge trimmer I've had for about 6 months. It's fantastic. Starts every time, is very efficient on fuel, and has the swivel handle that lets me get anywhere.

My engine repaire guy loves 'em. Says they're easy to get into and always has good response from the home office.

No hesitation recommending them.

Cordially,
    Sheppard

5. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I had a Tanaka TBC-2510 trimmer and I loved the thing but I thought it was a gas guzzler so I decided to sell it and I kept my Homelite. I love my Homelite. Very powerful and easy operation and maintenance. I will be looking into getting 2 Echo 2100's or 2300S trimmers this fall season.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    June 27, 2000

CPSC and Tanaka Announce Recall of Hedge Trimmers and Augers

"The fuel tank vents on these products can leak, posing a fire hazard."

This is an older recall, just interesting to know of.

[​IMG]