1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

tank enforcer over jd z445

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by foyman, Mar 13, 2008.

1. foyman

foyman LawnSite Member

:gunsfirin Can the Cub Cadet Tank Enforcer stand up against the JD Z445?..... ZT-2800, 21hp Kawi, 20" tires for the Tank versus Kanzaki dup-10/Parker wheel motors, 25hp Kawi, 22" tires ? Enforcer does have the better warranty, but when I look at the piece parts the JD seems to stand out. I've heard some say the ZT-2800 may be under rated.
  2. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a Z425 and love it. It's got a lot of the features of the big boys... hydro resivoir, nice pump and wheel motors, etc.. just remember it's still a residential machine. I've got 75 hours on mine and zero problems, but I sure don't expect it to last 1500 hours like a full commercial machine.
  3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

One thing to take into consideration is the single pump on the jd (which is also used on the tank recons) is working twice as hard to power both wheel motors. I am not yet convinced that this is a better setup than the zt-2800.
  4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

We WERE a Cub Tank dealer, All I will say is you do NOT want one....:nono:
  5. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

The Kanzaki is not working "twice as hard" It's two separate pumps in one single housing to eliminate external plumbing.

The JD has the better hydro system.

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Really depends on the size of the dealer. My Cub dealer is one of the largest on the east coast and if he doesnt have a part in stock he will have it next day.
  7. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

Dealer support is key. My Cub dealer is awesome. I only own one tank and they treat you like you own a fleet of a 100. On the first one I owned I could not remove a bolt that must have been over torqued. Called the dealer because it was before I had a trailer to bring it to the dealer and he offered to come out to the house and remove it for me. I was able to borrow a large wrench from a neighbor so he never had to come out, but he would have. I am now on my second Cub and at this point if I needed another mower it would be another Cub. Zero problems and a great dealer.
  8. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

doing wheelies like it your pic...it won't last too long
  9. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Double check me on this but I think it is only the one pump now on the cheap models. We own a 757 with the dual pumps in one housing and it has been a great system.
  10. foyman

foyman LawnSite Member

I was under the impression that the 445 has two dup10 pumps while your 757 has two dup10a pumps. The deere salesman says two, but I really have the feeling he is not real sure, even though he says he is. Now you've got me wondering. Anyone know for sure? :cool2: